Honors, Awards, and Professional Service
- Associate Professor in Computer Science (1994)
- University of Texas, El Paso, TX
- B.S. in Computer Science (1979)
- Université de Montréal, Montréal, Canada
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (1986)
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Areas of Interest
- Member: ACM, SIGACT, EATCS
Summary of Research
- Information theory, Kolmogorov complexity, computational complexity, computer security
- I am interested in recasting the study of information theory in a resource bounded framework, and in general, any application of information theory to computer science. More recently, I am interested in computer security, in particular,protection of privacy in databases and cryptographic protocols.
- Computer Science Department, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX 79968.
- e-mail: longpre @ utep . edu
- Office: CCS 3.0420
- Telephone: 915-747-6804
- Consult the calendar below. Select an available time (the white areas).
- Then schedule an appointment for between 15 and 30 minutes.
- If no available times fit your schedule, send me an e-mail explaining your situation.
- Method 1
- For if you use google calendar:
- Schedule an event in your calendar at an available time, between 15 and 30 minutes.
- For the event description, include your name, and optionally the reason for the appointment: advising, exit interview or other. Since this can be seen publicly, do not include your ID number.
- Invite email@example.com as your guest.
- If there is no conflict, it will appear immediately in my calendar.
- If there is a conflict, you will get a reject message.
- Method 2
- Send me an e-mail with your selected time. I will add it to the calendar