- Social-Cultural Anthropology, Political Economy, Political Ecology.
- U.S.-Mexico Border, Latin America.
- Working Classes, Industrial Communities, Paid Work, Housework, Consumption.
- States, Bureaucracies, Power.
- Migration, Border Control, Smuggling.
- Political-Ethical Values and Engaged Social Science.
- Health Access and Barriers for Immigrants
- Education and Working Class Latino Students
- Cultural Anthropology
- Cultural & World Regional Geography
- Social Inequality and Power
- Political Anthropology
- Ecological Anthropology
- Anthropology of Work and Industry
- U.S.-Mexico Border